BETHEL STEPS TO MEMBERSHIP
The following steps do not have to be done in any particular order. There are three classes you are required to complete for membership, which can be completed in about four months. Once you have completed these classes, you can then submit an application and signed commitment form to the Elder Board for their approval. Once approved, you will be welcomed as a new member into the Bethel family.
Intro to Bethel Life is a one-time class to help you connect to Bethel's unique purpose, vision, mission, and core values. It provides an introduction to our senior leadership team and how we operate, an overview of Bethel's history and faith, and a look into our strategic plans for the future. Click here for next available class date.
Deeper Life is a 12-week course designed to explore our faith, the unique opportunities and challenges of being in a revival culture, and how to daily live a life empowered by the Spirit. Find out more about Deeper Life here.
Complete the “Bible Studies for a Firm Foundation” workbook, a series of Bible studies on foundational tenets of the Christian faith, including atonement, repentance, baptism, the authority of the Bible, faith, the last days, and many other subjects. If your previous church membership had a study component and you feel grounded in the major teachings of the Bible, you may ask them to send us a letter of transfer on church letterhead asking to transfer your membership to Bethel. Letters can be sent by mail or by email to email@example.com.
Notes on Completing the Firm Foundations Workbook:
• If you don’t transfer membership and prefer to complete the Bible Studies for a Firm Foundation workbook, please treat is as an independent study. You do not need to memorize or write out the memory verses.
• Couples may share a book and do it together, as long as both are really doing it. When you’ve completed the book, return a completion form that is available in the Deeper Life class or online here (LINK TO COMPLETION FORM). If you have done the study in the past, this meets the requirement. Simply fill out the form stating this to be the case.
• The answers to all Firm Foundation questions are found in the back of the book. Please refer to them to correct your lesson, or for clarity if you are confused about what the question is after. Please note that, occasionally, a question might seem unclear because the book is based on the New American Standard translation of the Bible, which might not be the translation you’re using.
God didn’t design ministry for just a few – He made each one of us a minister. All believers are called to serve and impact the lives of others. Servant Life is a one-time class that provides an opportunity to learn key principles for serving the body of Christ, to connect with God’s plan for your life as you commit to serving Him and others, and to learn about the unique ministry opportunities at Bethel. Click here to see next available class date.
Once you have completed all the classes, carefully read and pray about the membership commitment. If you feel led to make this commitment, fill out both the commitment form and application, front and back. Submit both with a current picture of yourself (you can also email your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org), or drop it off at the College View admin office. If your application is approved, you will receive a welcome letter and a signed copy of your membership commitment and be welcomed as a new member into the Bethel family.
The application will ask you several questions that you will need to be able to answer in the affirmative.
• Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ (born again)? – Acts 2:41a.
• Have you been baptized in water following salvation? – Acts 2:41b.
• Are you in agreement with our Statement of Faith and Statement of Purpose from our bylaw? (We have included them in the membership application packet so you can read them prior to submitting your application. Please also keep them for your records.)