Family Camp 2020Family Camp 2020
When & Where
Are you ready to enjoy being back together as a church family again!? Then let’s go camping together! We are so excited to announce that FAMILY CAMP is confirmed (with county approval) and REGISTRATION IS OPEN. We are looking forward to camping together at the beautiful Camp McCumber Camp and are expectant that this is going to be one of our best Family Camps yet! There are so many amazing ways for us to connect and share this experience together. All local church attendees and members are welcome.
Arrival times are flexible Session 1: June 29 (9am) - July 2 (11am) Session 2: July 2 (12 noon) - July 4 (5pm) (Currently, You may only sign up for one session. We are creating a waitlist for families that would like to camp the full week together and will open available spots by June 23rd)
What are the camp facilities like?
Camp McCumber is set in a rustic setting with modern services. The camp is located in Shingletown on 40 plus acres of wooded space with towering pine trees and a beautiful lake. There are 20 cabins holding up to 180 persons as well as 7 full hook-up RV sites. Each RV site has a 30 amp breaker and running water, with some having sewage waste dump. There is a large commercial kitchen, dining room, recreation hall and nurses cabin. Sleeping cabins have electric, 4-5 bunkbeds in each cabin (8-10 twin beds) with with 2 inch foam bunk pads on each bed.
Sports and Recreational Facilities
- Frisbee (Flying Disc) Golf Course: A nine (9) hole Frisbee golf course laid out around the camp, with various degrees of difficulty.
- Waterfront: The Lake waterfront offers a floating dock, lifeguard station, large sandy beach, marked swimming area, cabana, canoes, paddle boats, row boats and kayak.
- Basketball Court: The cement pad basketball court is a full size court.
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Tetherball: Two tetherball poles with balls are provided. One is short; the other is tall to accommodate different heights.
- Ball Field: The grassy ball field is almost the size of a football field. A backstop is located in one corner (also a great place for star gazing at night).
- Horseshoe Pits: Two small size horseshoe pits are available.
- Outdoor ping pong: Two tables.
- Table Bowling: Two lanes.
- Hiking Trails
- and more!!
Figuring costs this year is a bit more tricky than in the past because of all the options! But don’t worry, the application will walk you through step by step the options and costs. Camp McCumber is an all-inclusive camp, so once you arrive all the activities and equipment is provided at no additional cost. Access to the lake, swimming area, water toys, boats, fishing, sports equipment (bball, volleyball, tetherball, softball, and so much more). Showers, use of pavilions, parking, everything is covered. It can even include your meals if desired!
- Ages 0-6 | Free
- Ages 7-18 | $10 per day ($30 total)
- Ages 19+ | $15 per day ($45total)
THESE FEES ARE IN ADDITION
- Tent Camping Fee - $0
- Cabin Camping Fee - $20 per person/day (0-6 years free)
- RV Camping Fee - $25 per RV/day
- Meal Plan Session 1 | $50 (7 meals) (0-6 years free)
- Meal Plan Session 2 | $35 (5 meals) (0-6 years free)
Cabin and Meal Plan Options
Cabins are basic camping cabins (with power) that have either 4 or 5 bunk beds in each room (Total of 8-10 beds). Campers can request who they share a cabin with, or we can place you with another family. Individual campers that don't request others to share with will be placed in same gender cabin. Bunks have a basic 2 inch mattress pad, which is sufficient for kids. Adult may prefer to bring a topper or air mattress to give a little more comfort to the bed. At minimum, make sure to bring a mattress cover or fitted twin sheet to cover the mattresses.
Meals are provided by Camp McCumber and are served cafeteria-style. As this is our first year at the camp, we have no personal testimony about the meals, but we have heard from others that they are good and plentiful.
We know that this season has been financially difficult for some of our families. We don't want finances to keep you from coming to Family Camp. We are making available to families that are 4 or more members (over age 6) a scholarship to cover the full camp use fee for children 0-18. Tent camping only (does not cover food and cabin fees).
If you would like to give a donation towards helping another Bethel family attend camp, you can select make a donation towards this in any amount that you wish to give when you fill out your registration.
On Earth as it is in Heaven