Bethel Dance Apprenticeship
We are constantly awed by what God is doing in the realm of dance. Dance has exploded within the Bethel community and beyond as the church is reclaiming its identity as the movers and shakers of the world bringing breakthrough in the creative industry and the church.
We are currently looking for the following:
--Dancers who have intermediate or advanced dance experience in at least one of the following areas: contemporary, ballet, modern dance, lyrical or hip hop. You must have two years of consecutive dance training or more. No more than one year off within the last two/three years.
-Flaggers with 2 years or more of experience and a dance background is helpful.
-Currently attending Bethel Church.
-Two character references.
-Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Is this for me?
The following is an expected commitment from all interns in the apprenticeship:
- The attendance of "closed class". This class is for our teams only, once a week, Friday evening before church, at a cost of $25.00 per month. This closed class is where we start training as a family and incorporate hearing the Holy Spirit with the dancer’s technique as they dance. This is not a technique class.
- Dance twice a month. Each intern is sent a calendar for the month and is asked to dance twice a month at a Friday night service. You will observe the first two Friday’s before actually dancing or flagging. All the interns are taught the DNA of our house.
- Attend a monthly meeting on a Thursday night. This is our dance community night and is mandatory for all members.
- Reliable transportation. We ask that interns have reliable transportation so they will be able to meet the requirements of their internship. What that looks like is up to each intern. We will not be able to provide transportation.
- Continued dance education for both flaggers and dancers. Once internship/apprenticeship is completed, all team members are encouraged to continue dance training in some form, as we believe this adds the skill necessary for flaggers or dancers. This can be a weekly class or the continuation of the "closed class" at a discount to team members. The closed class is a mix of technique and contact improvisation coupled with Holy Spirit.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship each student is placed in a worship service by Ann Mack, the Director of Dance and Flags. We have services at multiple locations.
On Earth as it is in Heaven